Yampa Valley Chapter of SCI
Yampa Valley- SCI Goals
- To support and sponsor local youth shooting groups
- To offer educational opportunities in local schools, teaching the environmental and economic benefits of hunting
- To work with outfitters and other hunting service entities to provide quality hunting experiences to those who may not otherwise be able to hunt
- To support the transplant of moose to the White River National Forest
Why have a local chapter?
- local chapters have members who know local needs.
- local chapters raise funds that benefit the immediate area
- the majority of the funds raised remain in local communities
- the funds are controled and allocated by local membership
- local chapters sponsor,among other things, youth shooting and educating, including 4-H programs
SCI Hunters Code of Ethics
- Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge;
- To conduct myself in the field so as a positive contribution to wildlife ecosystems;
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife;
- To comply with game laws, un the spirit of Fair Chase, and influence my companions accordingly;
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers;
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of this code of ethics;
- To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.